Re: [Xen-devel] Few Comments on the Xen SMMU ARM code

On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 10:02 -0800, manish jaggi wrote:
> This is the complete smmu.c file which you can refer for PCI
> passthrough (http://pastebin.com/QDX8fpDu)

I'm afraid that as Julien says this is basically no help.

> Just FYI this is not a patch, we are still testing on our board and
> can post a patch only after our testing is complete.

Please post whatever patch(es) you have now with a WIP (Work In
Progress) tag in the subject. It does not need to be complete, working,
tested or clean. You can put a big fat warning on the commit log if you
like. See for example
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/220265 where I
did exactly this with some very dirty patches I was halfway through
writing[0] (I used "incomplete" rather than "WIP", the exact words don't
really matter).

If you have any design documentation then please include that as well,
e.g. in the 0/N mail.

IMHO seeing what you have actually done which is leading to the
questions you are asking is a prerequisite to having any sort of
constructive discussion about the design decisions going forward. I'd
certainly want to see the code before any call takes place.

Cheers,
Ian.

[0] in this case because I wasn't going to be able to finish them soon
and it was better to get them onto the list than rotting in my dev tree.