Re: [Xen-devel] patches pending acks (or naks)

On December 11, 2014 6:39:07 AM EST, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Co-REST-maintainers,
>
>there are a couple of patches I'd like to ask for feedback on, and I'm
>assuming (based on previous replies by him) Konrad is waiting for such
>too before considering giving release-acks:

I believe these two already have Acks - it is just that they did not say
'for-xen-4.5'  in the title.

>http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-12/msg00667.html

That
>http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-12/msg00692.html

Release-Acked-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (Konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx)

For both above. The second is an obvious fix for large scale machines.

>Either
>http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-12/msg00260.html
>or (my preference)
>http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-12/msg01054.html

Daniel's patch fixes the case for EFI map or large CPU count (to a certain
extent). Jan's patch only fixes it for large CPU count. The memmap can be huge
on small CPU count machines.

A proper fix would be to automatically adjust based on memmap and CPU but that
could be too complex.

Perhaps putting both patches in is the right way?