Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: irq.c:xxxx: dom1: forcing unbind of pirq 40

>> Currently i'm running Xen-unstable with Stefano's libxl fixup patches (not
>> doing
>> reset due to qmp race, switching order of xc_domain_irq_permission and
>> xc_physdev_unmap_pirq)
>> and with a kernel with Konrad's 3.19 patch series.
>>
>> Although i have seen these messages before, so i don't know if it is a
>> recent
>> regression (don't think so).
>>
>> I still see these in xl dmesg when shutting down guests with pci
>> passthrough:
>> "irq.c:xxxx: dom1: forcing unbind of pirq 40"
>>
>> It seems to cleanup ok afterwards, but from the sound warning it shouldn't
>> get
>> to that point. I get these for both PV and HVM guests.

> These messages simply indicate that the guest didn't do some
> expected cleanup itself.

OK, the thing is that at present is does this on every shutdown of guests with
pci-passthrough, all running a recent kernel. That hasn't always been that way
as far as i can remember. I will see if i have some old
guest kernels and see if i get the same there.

> I see these too when Dom0 shuts down,
> at least for certain drivers. For HVM arguably qemu might know
> better and tear things down properly, but in no event are these
> messages - when occurring in connection with a guest going
> down - indications of a problem. We could even see to lower their
> severity or suppress them altogether when the domain is known
> to be dying (you may want to check whether ->is_dying is already
> set at that point).

Just tested, but for both PV and HVM when it enters "unmap_domain_pirq"
d->is_dying ? 1 : 0 returns 0.