Re: [Xen-devel] xl pci-attach silently fails the first time

On Dec 4, 2014 4:29 AM, "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 21:31 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > so something is busted as you surmised
>
> I haven't been following closely, so this may be completely unrelated to
> the issue under discussion, but doesn't in-HVM-guest hotplug require a
> guest side driver to be loaded? I recall in the dim and distant past
> having to manually load some sort of foo_hp.ko.

The ACPI PCI hotplug machinery does all of that nicely.

As mentioned - it works nicely - except that the BDF that is chosen is at an wrong slot. In the 'xend' days in recall this working nicely and sticking the PF at slot 5 and beyond. Though I have no clue how it dealt with multiple emulated NICs and such.