Re: [Xen-devel] Buggy interaction of live migration and p2m updates

On 20/11/14 18:28, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> 1) Freeze the guests p2m during live migrate
> 2) Deep p2m dirty tracking
> 3) Eagerly check for p2m structure changes.
> 4) Request p2m structure change updates from the guest

> Proposed solution:  A combination of 2, 3 and 4.

Option 5: don't change anything.  PV guests and toolstacks are
well-behaved and ensure that p2m updates do not occur during domain save.

We have never supported migrating non-cooperative PV guests.

I'd be more interested fixing this for HVM guests.

David