Re: [Xen-devel] Problems accessing passthrough PCI device

Hello Konrad and Jan,

> There was a bug in Xen pcibackend that I thought I upstreamed which could
> be releated. It was not restoring the right registers to the PCI-device.

> They are attached.

Thanks for the patches, however I have been finding some very
interesting things.

I decided to keep Xen out of the equation and booted into plain
vanilla Linux. I then ran the FLR and got the same problem in the PCI
configuration, all BARs were set to 0 and all reads to the PCI memory
returned ff. I then manually wrote the correct values into the
PCI BAR registers, and hey presto, reads to the PCI memory started
working again!

Looks like my workaround for moment will be to store the PCI
configuration registers before and resetting them after. Not cool, but
something really strange is going on...

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

--