[Xen-devel] PCI-passthrough for 32 bit guests and high MMIO addresses

Hi,

again a fallout from my "linear p2m list" tests:

Trying to do PCI-passthrough with a 32-bit pv-domain I passed the
wrong device to the domain. The MMIO address was too large for a
MFN of a 32-bit system (it was 380003200000-3800036fffff).

Instead of rejecting the operation Xen tried to perform it resulting
in a (quite understandable) failure in the domU.

I think either the hypervisor or the tools should refuse to do
PCI-passthrough in this case.

Juergen