Re: [Xen-devel] Network not working after restore with qemu-xen windows domU and gplpv

On 11/14/2014 09:11 AM, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Il 26/04/2013 12:30, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
Il 26/04/2013 11:36, Ian Campbell ha scritto:
On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 10:24 +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Il 24/04/2013 17:36, Ian Campbell ha scritto:
On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 15:06 +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
I send new mail about this bug with details as required by George
Dunlap.
Dom0 is Wheezy 64 bit with kernel from package
linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64
version 3.2.41-2, package blktap-dkms and all dependency packages for
xen, spice and usb redirection.
xen.git (in this build commit is
96ef6e88359910738905ac2e1969dc05d7d7e7dc)

Other details about dom0 installation see here:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-04/msg02290.html

DomU is Windows 7 pro 64 bit with gplpv build 372 debug.

After restore it sees network but is not working, nor lan neither
wan.
Tried with both dhcp and static ip, try also e1000 network card,
tried
also qemu 1.4.
Is the vif device present and on the bridge in dom0? What about the
emu
device?

Can you post the output of "xenstore-ls -fp" please.

I notice references to openvswitch in your logs -- which script are
you
using, the one I recently posted or something else?

Ian.

Thanks for reply, the vif and the vif -emu are present, bridge also and
is working.
Are the both the vif* present on the bridge? What does "ovs-vsctl show"
report?

On attachment logs of save, restore, copy of vif and xenstore command
you told me, both before and after save/restore.
Thanks, I can see that the front and backend devices are connected ok
and appear to be happy and the hotplug scripts were successful.

However I did notice that the device MAC address seems to have changed!
I can believe this could confuse things...

Does this issue go away if you specify
          vif=['bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:16:3e:42:ae:8f']
in your configuration?

Ian.

Thanks, fixed mac solve the problem.
Is possible solve for have network working after restore without mac
on xl configuration file also on qemu upstream?
The last test was without openvswitch, I must redo with it and post
"ovs-vsctl show" result?

This problem is still present and reported also by other users:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-11/msg01267.html

The e-mail you link to there is talking about two different bits of functionality. One is a vif (virtual interface), provided by qemu and/or netback; the other is a vf (virtual function), which is related to the connection to a physical device..

The question is whether the following configuration now works after suspend/resume:

  vif=['']

 -George