Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Configuring rumprun-xen application stacks from Xenstore

On 13/11/14 17:07, Martin Lucina wrote:
pooka@xxxxxx said:
Actually, hmm, there's already an image for /etc available.  I
understood from irc discussion that you needed slight modifications to
passwd for mathopd.  In case your changes don't conflict with what's
already up there, you could just update the existing downloadable /etc
image:
https://github.com/rumpkernel/rumprun-xen/tree/master/img

I'll add in a new image rather than touch the current one, so that it can
be cd9660 and read-only rather than ffs. Avoids needing to keep a "clean
image" around in case of crashes while developing. The old one can stay
until we replace the old demo code.

Generally speaking, file systems support read-only mounts ...

Also, I'd prefer to call it 'stubetc' rather than 'etc' to make it clearer
that it's not supposed to be used as a normal /etc.

I'd prefer it to be completely hidden from the user. But sure, call it stubetc for now.

This brings up another question; what to do with resolv.conf, for example?

Is resolv.conf an example, i.e. are there other files with similar needs? Or can we figure out how to handle it as a special case?