Re: [Xen-devel] xl list -l doesn't work for incoming domain

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:42:04AM -0500, Zhigang Wang wrote:
> On 11/11/2014 10:20 AM, Wei Liu wrote:

> >> This approach should works for me.

> >> I agree.

> >> The logic is: when migration started, high level management console will
> >> check
> >> destination side to make sure the VM is running there
> >> (currently call xl list -l <domain>).
> >>
> >> If I can get enough runtime info (even some are missing), I think it
> >> should be OK.
> >>

> > What runtime info do you need?
>
> Currently we need:
>
>   info['domid']
>   info['config']['b_info']['avail_vcpus']
>   info['config']['c_info']['uuid']
>   info['config']['b_info']['target_memkb']
>
> Also read vnc port from xenstore.

Unfortunately this won't work, as not everything you need is in xenstore
at that point (see the xenstore entries you posted). It's not something
that can be easily worked around in xl by creating a stub -- even the
stub needs to get its information from somewhere.

> We may add more.

This also means even if we create a stub now, it's still prone to
breakage in the future.

I think the root cause of your problem is xend and libxl fires
@introduceDomain at different point (correct me if I'm wrong, because I
haven't looked at xend code, only inferred from your reply). It should
be fixed there, not patching xl.

Wei.