Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] XEN 4.3.3 - segfault in xl create for HVM with PCI passthrough

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 18:30 +0100, Atom2 wrote:
> Am 04.11.14 um 17:31 schrieb Ian Campbell:
> >> I don't know what valgrind is, but I'll have a look and see how to deal
> >> with that ...
> >
> > Valgrind is a totally awesome memory allocation debugger ;-)
> >
> In the attached file named 'valgrind 'please find the output of
>       # valgrind xl create -F -c pfsense

Sadly it looks like your version of valgrind doesn't know how to handle
the hypercalls made by the Xen toolstack, which means it produces a lot
of unrelated noise.

You seem to be using valgrind 3.9.0, which lacked knowledge of some of
the HVM related hypercalls that weren't added until 3.10.0. It's
probably not worth pursuing this angle any further (unless it is utterly
trivial to pull in the new version).

Apart from the valgrind output there is a new message from libxl:
        libxl: error: libxl_pci.c:1045:libxl__device_pci_add: PCI device
0000:04:00.0 cannot be assigned - no IOMMU?
which suggests that it isn't passing things through (this might be
fallout from valgrind not understanding things) and no segfault.

OOI what does "xl create -F ..." do without valgrind (I'm wondering if
-F is responsible for the change in behaviour).