Re: [Xen-devel] Regression: Windows 7 unable to boot with latest xen-unstable staging

Il 03/11/2014 16:59, Jan Beulich ha scritto:
On 03.11.14 at 16:41, <fabio.fantoni@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I tested now latest xen-unstable staging branch of git (commit
5283b310e14884341f51be35253cdd59c4cb034c) and there is a regression that
make unable to boot windows 7 pro 64 bit that on build of some days ago
was working, I not found warning/errors in qemu log and xl dmesg.
I tested also Fedora 20 hvm domU that instead still boot correctly.
I also tried disabling some features (viridian, hdaudiocard, usb
redirection, vdagent, qxl) but still not boot, remain at initial black
screen that says "starting windows", in xl list vcpu still remain 1 even
if 2 setted and time continue small increase.
Probably the regression is caused by one of these commits for now not
checked with automatic test system:
x86/HVM: only kill guest when unknown VM exit occurred...
VMX: values written to MSR_IA32_SYSENTER_E[IS]P should...
process softirqs while dumping domains

If you need more informations/tests tell me and I'll post them.
This doesn't match up with the most recent osstest flight (31315),
which didn't show any booting problems with Win7 guests. Hence
narrowing to one of the three commits as well as telling us any
specifics your guest (or host) configuration may differ from
osstest's (e.g. pass-through being used) would be rather helpful.

Also, just to make sure - you're not using the upstream SeaBIOS
tree, and hence aren't suffering from the regression recently
introduced there (tentative fix was already posted)?

Jan

Thanks for your reply.

I use seabios from debian package 1.7.5-1, same of the previous build working, upstream qemu 2.0 from xen-unstable git (same also that).

domU's xl cfg of my latest tests disabling some features (that still not booting):
name='W7-02'
builder="hvm"
memory=2048
vcpus=2
acpi_s3=0
acpi_s4=0
vif=['bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:16:3e:42:a2:5f']
disk=['/mnt/vm/disks/W7-02.disk1.xm,raw,hda,rw',',raw,hdb,ro,cdrom']
boot='dc'
device_model_version="qemu-xen"
#viridian=1
vnc=0
keymap="it"
on_crash="destroy"
vga="stdvga"
spice=1
spicehost='0.0.0.0'
spiceport=6003
spicedisable_ticketing=1
#spicevdagent=1
spice_clipboard_sharing=0
#spiceusbredirection=4
#soundhw="hda"
localtime=1

If you need more informations/tests tell me and I'll post them.