Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 31315: regressions - FAIL

On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 10:16 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > flight 31315 xen-unstable real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/31315/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-amd64-pair         8 xen-boot/dst_host         fail REGR. vs.
> > 31285
>
> Looking at fire-frog's serial log I see that booting started 09:34:37
> and debug output was forced at 09:35:47; the login prompt
> appeared at 09:36:11. The gap between the NTP server getting
> started and the login prompt appearing seems pretty large,

There is also a login prompt at 09:35:25. I think the one at 09:36 is
because something appeared (probably the log collection process) to
press Enter.

It's a shame /etc/init.d/osstest-confirm-booted isn't more verbose on
the console, since this is what appears to have failed (i.e. the ssh bit
seems to have worked, so I don't think it was networking/dns/etc).

>  but
> is that really an indication of something being wrong in the being
> tested software? The 3 commits under test don't really look like
> being candidate for a boot time (performance) regression.

It does seem somewhat unlikely.