Re: [Xen-devel] patches for proper serialization in RTDS scheduler [Was: Re: OPW 2014 - Advanced Scheduling Parameters Project]

Hi Dario,

On Mon, 2014-10-13 at 17:17 -0400, Meng Xu wrote:

> <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>Â Â Â Â ÂSorry, sent this too early... meant to say, Meng, you're off
>Â Â Â Â Âthe hook
>Â Â Â Â Âfor this one. :-)

Indeed! :-P

But no worries, it happens! :-D

However...

> Thank you very much for letting me know. :-) Sorry about not sending
> them now because I'm rushing for a paper deadline this month. :-(
> I will send the patches about synchronizing the vcpu data in rtds
> scheduler after the paper deadline (which is Oct. 20th).

I was just about to send you a 'ping' about the patches for curing the
serialization issue in RTDS.

Ideally, we'd have wanted them before RC1. Of course, the fact that we
accepted the scheduler as experimental makes things a bit less critical
and urgent, but I really would like to have them in before the release.

So, Meng, let us know :-)

âSure! I just sent out the patches to solve the sanity check and serialization issue in RTDS scheduler.â
In the cover letter of the patch, I cited your summarization of the solutions we discussed.Â

I'm sorry for the delay. :-( I was pushed by my bosses (well my advisor) to try to submit a paper in RTAS 2015 whose deadline is Oct. 20th. So many things were delayed. :-(Â
ââ
âBut anyway, the patches are out and hope these two are ok. :-)â

âThanks,

Mengâ