Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 30769: regressions - trouble: blocked/broken/fail/pass

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 30769:
regressions - trouble: blocked/broken/fail/pass"):
> Is there a particular file that has the output from 'xl migrate'?

The file

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/30769/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemut-winxpsp3/10.ts-guest-localmigrate.log

would have the output from xl migrate, if it had started.  But what
actually happened is that osstest checked, before starting, that the
guest had an active DHCP lease.  But it got an empty leases file from
the DHCP server.  That is clearly wrong.  osstest would have tried a
number of times, but after a while it gave up.

The script I am using to cat the leases file is this one (run from
inetd on the dhcp server):

  #!/bin/sh
  set -e
  cd /var/lib/dhcp3
  for f in dhcpd.leases dhcpd.leases~; do
      if (exec 3>&2 2>/dev/null <$f 2>&3 3>&- cat); then exit 0; fi
  done
  echo '# CANNOT OPEN ANY LEASES FILE'

I invented that script the last time I started digging at this
intermittent failure.  Since we do not see that comment in

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/30769/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemut-winxpsp3/dhcpleases-win.nolease

the script seems to have found that one of dhcpd.leases or
dhcpd.leases~ is empty.

I think this means that I need to find a way to reliably strace the
dhcp server to discover what exactly it does to the leases file so
that we can reliably retrieve it.

In any case, this is not a real problem with the software under test.