Re: [Xen-devel] kexec+kdump troubles on xen 4.5-unstable, centos 7, x86_64 (need to get a crash dump)

On 17/10/2014 19:17, ÐÑÐÐÐÑÐÐ ÐÑÐÑÐÐ wrote:

So the questions are:

1. How can I make crash dumps of the hypervisor and the dom0?

Kexec of domains inside themselves is not supported. Effort is being made to make it work, but there are some architectural challenges.

The correct method is method 2, by providing a crash region in Xen for dom0 to load into. I suspect your problem is that systemd doesn't understand that it is running in dom0, and is attempting to load a normal crash kernel.

An up-to-date kexec-tools and running `kexek` manually ought to do the right thing.

2. How am I supposed to diagnose the thing that causes such dom0 freezes?
I thought that if I ask on the list that my dom0 freezes, it will be a waste
of time without any logs or crash dumps.. But I cannot even make them..

On the serial console, if dom0 freezes, Xen should still be usable. use CTRL-a three times.

~Andrew