Re: [Xen-devel] Linux grant map/unmap improvement proposal (Draft B)

On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 13:49 +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> On 14/10/14 11:35, Ian Campbell wrote:

> >> I'm not sure I follow what use case you're talking about here.  If the
> >> guest is using NFS or iSCSI or similar, then netback just sees ethernet
> >> packets and doesn't need to distinguish between different types of
> >> network traffic from the guest.
> >
> > I meant dom0 mounted NFS/ISCSI disks (either loopback or from driver
> > domains) going out over either physical or virtual network interfaces.
>
> I'm still confused.  Is this not the use case I describe in the "Blkback
> and network storage" section?  Whether the retransmitted packet is sent
> via a physical NIC or a virtual one doesn't matter.

Ah yes, but that was in the "problems" not the "solutions" section.
wasn't it?

So my question is ultimately: is this safe unmap functionality intended
to address the problem introduced in "Blkback and network storage".
Sounds like the answer is yes.