Re: [Xen-devel] pre_parse and strcmp

>>> Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/02/14 11:15 PM >>>
>Hit sent to fast [was going to include a patch in this email
>once I had completed this]
>
>My thinking is that the best solution is to have a similar to 'pre_parse'
>function that would convert the in memory buffer from UTF-16 to a normal
>ascii type one.
>
>And hook it up in pre-parse to fix this up.

I certainly don't mind a patch to deal with UTF-16 config files so (in fact
already
when I originally coded it I considered this would be a good future
enhancement).
I'm not, however, convinced that simply converting back to ASCII is the proper
solution here. Instead, if we want to allow UTF-16 config files, we should do
the
conversion the other way around.

And then of course there is the problem of detection: The example you gave
didn't
make clear whether the file was properly starting with a BOM, yet if it doesn't
telling ASCII from UTF-16 is guesswork.

Jan