[Xen-devel] AMD GPU passthrough in Xen

Hi Kelly, list

I see you're having AMD GPU success with Xen 4 2 and Linux 3.4.9. I've been
less than successful getting passthrough working at all in Xen (although it's
fine in KVM primary passthrough as long as the BIOS is supplied as a file).
Could I confirm the following :

Is there any specific reason you're using Xen 4.2 rather than 4.4.1? I know in
some ways 4.4 suffers as it's now xl only and some of the xm functionality has
not come across.

In 4.2, using xl or xm?

Primary or secondary passthrough?

Presumably 64 bit versions of Windows?

My system is a bit old (Core2Quad) but as mentioned AMD passthrough works in
KVM but I've found it tricky in Xen.

I am quite willing to test various scenarios. I've a 6950, 6450 and 5450.

Thanks

Peter