Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC Patch v4 7/9] correct xc_domain_save()'s return value

On 09/22/2014 03:46 PM, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, Wen Congyang wrote:

>>> -1 is not a valid value for errno, it should be ESOMETHING.
>>
>> But, we don't know what's wrong, so I don't know which ESOMETHING is
>> OK here...
>
> The called function has to set errno. If it doesnt do that today, fix
> the callbacks.

The callbacks may be implemented in libxl, which is another process.
xc_domain_save() is a public API, and the caller may forget to set
the errno...

So we cannot assume that the callbacks has set the errno

Thanks
Wen Congyang