[Xen-devel] Questions about the in-tree Flask policy

Hi Daniel

I'm working to get XSM tested in OSSTest. After hacking for some days
I've got to the point that I actually have test cases to run.

Our plan is to at least replicate three Debian smoke tests:
  test-amd64-amd64-xl-xsm
  test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemuu-debianhvm-amd64-xsm
  test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemut-debianhvm-amd64-xsm

The -xsm suffix is to distinguish them from the normal non-xsm tests.

However I cannot get the in-tree policy to work with OSSTest. It's much
stricter than I had anticipated. Guest creation is OK, but it doesn't
seem to allow "xl save" to run.

In my test-amd64-amd64-xl-xsm run:

2014-09-17 15:05:39 Z executing ssh ... root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx xl save
debian.guest.osstest image
Saving to image new xl format (info 0x0/0x0/824)
xc: error: xc_alloc_hypercall_buffer: mmap failed (22 = Invalid argument):
Internal error
xc: error: Couldn't allocate to_send array: Internal error
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:1673:libxl__xc_domain_save_done: saving domain:
domain responded to suspend request: Cannot allocate memory
Failed to save domain, resuming domain
libxl: error: libxl.c:475:libxl__domain_resume: xc_domain_resume failed for
domain 1: Permission denied
2014-09-17 15:05:40 Z command nonzero waitstatus 256: ssh -o
StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o BatchMode=yes -o ConnectTimeout=100 -o
ServerAliveInterval=100 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o
ChallengeResponseAuthentication=no -o
UserKnownHostsFile=tmp/t.known_hosts_standalone.test-amd64-amd64-xl-xsm
root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx xl save debian.guest.osstest image
status 256 at Osstest/TestSupport.pm line 391.
+ rc=1
+ date -u +%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S Z exit status 1
2014-09-17 15:05:40 Z exit status 1
+ exit 1

The guest has seclabel='system_u:system_r:domU_t'.

In 'xl dmesg' there are some avc messages (removed duplicated ones):

(XEN) Cannot bind IRQ4 to dom0. In use by 'ns16550'.
(XEN) Cannot bind IRQ2 to dom0. In use by 'cascade'.
(XEN) avc:  denied  { cacheflush } for domid=0 target=1
scontext=system_u:system_r:dom0_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t
tclass=domain2
(XEN) avc:  denied  { stat } for domid=0 target=1
scontext=system_u:system_r:dom0_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t tclass=mmu
(XEN) avc:  denied  { getvcpucontext } for domid=0 target=1
scontext=system_u:system_r:dom0_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t
tclass=domain
(XEN) avc:  denied  { cacheflush } for domid=0 target=3
scontext=system_u:system_r:dom0_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t
tclass=domain2

I tried to look at the policy file(s), only to find out that there's a
bunch of files that have excessive amount of information. I'm certainly
not an XSM expert and have no intention to become one at the moment. :-)

So the question is, do you think we should trim down our test steps
until it passes or do you think we should provide a more permissive
policy? Of course if you have any other magic rune to make it work it
can you provide it to me?

From my point of view I would really like to avoid trimming down steps
in test cases.

If you're interested in what that test case is about, have a look at
  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/30294/

Each column in header is a test case; each row on the left is one test
step. You can look at "test-amd64-amd64-xl" for reference. Currently the
-xsm variant has the exact same steps.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Wei.