Re: [Xen-devel] "xl list --long" bug with only 1 CPU pool

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:48:23PM +0200, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Xen 4.4, if you have only one CPU pool, "xl list --long" doesn't work
> anymore, throwing error "Illegal pool specified" :
>
> murmillia:~# xl cpupool-numa-split
> murmillia:~#
> murmillia:~# xl cpupool-list
> Name               CPUs   Sched     Active   Domain count
> Pool-node0          16    credit       y         39
> Pool-node1          16    credit       y          0
> murmillia:~#
> murmillia:~# xl list --long | wc -l
> 8040
>
> Here, it works fine.
> Then I remove one cpupool :
>
> murmillia:~#
> murmillia:~# xl cpupool-destroy Pool-node1
> murmillia:~#
> murmillia:~# xl cpupool-list
> Name               CPUs   Sched     Active   Domain count
> Pool-node0          16    credit       y         39
> murmillia:~#
> murmillia:~# xl list --long | wc -l
> Illegal pool specified
> 0
>
> Now, it doesn't work anymore.

I presume the pool name changed after the split and you once speficied a
pool name in your VM config file. If so:

This is a limitation of xl. You can rename the pool name to its original
name (presumably "Pool-0") and try again. I think this will be fixed in
4.5.

Wei.