[Xen-devel] Determining iommu groups in Xen?

This should be a simple question, but I can't find the answer : how are iommu
groups determined/found in Xen?

I've used KVM before, and the use of the vfio framework makes it easy to find
the iommu groups. Unless a 'will never be approved' patch is applied to the
Linux kernel, it is impossible to pass through only one device to a KVM VM out
of a group due to the lack of ACS (iommu protection between devices on the same
bus segment).

Xen does not seem to enforce this - why not, especially as it can cause
security and stability issues?

PK