Re: [Xen-devel] Modifying xenfb colour depth from Android domU

On 28/08/14 11:15, David Vrabel wrote:
On 28/08/14 10:21, Gareth Stockwell wrote:
I'm facing some problems getting xenfb to work with an Android domU, on
ARM.

The issue is that the framebuffer is created with a depth of 32bpp,
while the Android guest is rendering RGB565.

I tried to fix this by using the fbdev API to request a change of pixel
format, during the Android startup:
I'm not very familiar with the xenfb driver but it looks like it would
all just work provided you have a backend that supports feature-resize.

What backend are you using?

David

I've tried with both VNC and SDL backends.

If I read correctly the xenstore fragment below, it's reporting that the
VNC backend does support feature-resize, but FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO still
fails as I described previously.

root@dom0:~# xenstore-ls /local/domain/0/backend/vfb
2 = ""
 0 = ""
  frontend = "/local/domain/2/device/vfb/0"
  frontend-id = "2"
  online = "1"
  state = "2"
  domain = "ree"
  vnc = "1"
  vnclisten = "0.0.0.0"
  vncdisplay = "2"
  vncunused = "1"
  sdl = "0"
  opengl = "0"
  feature-resize = "1"
  hotplug-status = "connected"

Gareth

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in
England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782