Re: [Xen-devel] Lots of connections led oxenstored stuck

On 08/11/14 17:41, Dave Scott wrote:

> On 11 Aug 2014, at 01:35, Joe Jin <joe.jin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> That’s true.
>>
>> The problem is when oxenstored does not respond any request anymore even all
>> thread exited, with my reproducer, when you executed it and all threads
>> exited,
>> "xm list -l" will stuck.
>
> OK so is this the behaviour you expect:
>
> * root in dom0 opens many connections, until oxenstored is out of resources
> (where the most limited resource is currently file descriptors)
> * root in dom0 closes the connections
> * oxenstored recovers, and ‘xm list -l’ works again
>
> Instead, you’re seeing oxenstored getting into a stuck state causing ‘xm list
> -l’ to block — is this accurate?

Yes that's it.

> Could you share your reproducer program?

/*
 * This program used to test oxenstored connections stuck issue.
 * please compile by below command:
 *      gcc -o client client.c -lpthread
 */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <sys/un.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <pthread.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <errno.h>

void *main_thread(void *arg)
{
        struct sockaddr_un address;
        int socket_fd, nbytes;
        char buffer[256];
        int i;
        extern int errno;

        memcpy(&i, arg, sizeof(i));
        socket_fd = socket(PF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
        if (socket_fd < 0) {
                fprintf(stderr, "socket() %dth failed, errno=%d\n", i, errno);
                return;
        }
        fprintf(stderr, "socket() %dth ok!\n", i);

        /* start with a clean address structure */
        memset(&address, 0, sizeof(struct sockaddr_un));

        address.sun_family = AF_UNIX;
        snprintf(address.sun_path, 1024, "/var/run/xenstored/socket");

        if (connect(socket_fd,
                    (struct sockaddr *) &address,
                    sizeof(struct sockaddr_un)) != 0) {
                fprintf(stderr, "connect() %d failed, error=%d", i, errno);
                return;
        }
        fprintf(stderr, "connec() %dth ok!\n", i);

        while (1)
                sleep(1);
        if (arg) {
                free(arg);
                arg = NULL;
        }

        return;
}

int main(void)
{
        int i;
        for (i = 0; i < 2000; i++) {
                void *arg = malloc(sizeof(i));
                memset(arg, 0, sizeof(i));
                memcpy(arg, &i, sizeof(i));
                pthread_t thread;
                if (pthread_create(&thread, NULL, main_thread, arg) != 0) {
                        perror("pthread_create:");
                        break;
                }
        }