Re: [Xen-devel] Live Snapshot problem: Xen 4.4+ with qcow2 disk

Hi Campbell,

Sorry for the wrong format,
Then, paste into non-colorful plain text.

Hi all, Today, I tried to test whether Live Snapshot schema can be adopted to qemu-xen with qcow2 disk image as what we do with qemu-xen-traditional using vhd disk image.
My live snapshot procedure is as follow:
 ( my vm1 is currently running with qcow2 disk file 1.qcow2 )
1. xl pause vm1
2. mv 1.qcow2 snap.qcow2
3. qemu-img create -b snap.qcow2 -f qcow2 1.qcow2
4. xl unpause vm1
However, as I unpaused vm1, the write operation still went to snap.qcow2 instead of the newly created snapshot file 1.qcow2.
I remember that xen 4.0 also had similar problem if we did vhd live snapshot, and the problem was fixed in xen 4.1.
My question is :
whether the failure of making live qcow2 snapshot is a known bug, or whether I've missed some key operations to make it work.