[Xen-devel] [RFC V5 0/5] domain snapshot document and discussion

Here is the fifth version about domain snapshot documents, the previous version
is here[1][2][3][4].

There are lots of useful suggestions in previous four round review. I would like
to thank you for all your support. From my point of view, the current version
is more close to what i am doing. I could send the patch out when community feel
document in good shape.

In addition, there is a API changes during document review. It would affect what
David kiarie work on the GSoC project(snapshot support for libvirt libxl
driver).
It is important for me and David could get the help from reviewing this.

There are lots of potential features about snapshots. Now we try to focus on
basic features, providing API for libvirt libxl driver which supports the same
functionality as libvirt qemu driver. Advanced features are deferred to the
next phase.

Libxl manages the domain snapshot information through the configuration file.
All snapshot informatin for specific domain is stored here:
"/var/lib/xen/snapshots/<domain_uuid>/snapshotdata-<snapshot_name>.libxl-json",
This file is one for per snapshot per domain.

changes since v4:
reorganize the document
add docs/misc/snapshot-HOWTO.txt
add the explanation of domain snapshot api.

changes since v3:
split one document into difference document, hope it will be easier to
review and discuss.

changes since v2:
1), reorgnized the whole docments.
2), do not export the dedicated the disk snapshot commands.
3), others changes according to Ian and Jim's comment.

0000 this file
0001 how to use xl snapshot-xxx command
0002 introduce new struct and new api in order to implement domain
     snapshot in toolstack (xl or libvirt).
0003 manpage xl snapshot-xxx command
0004 discussion about xl snapshot implementation and what is not covered
     in current work.
0005 manpage for xl domain snapshot configuraiton

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-04/msg00414.html
    http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-04/msg00244.html
[2] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-04/msg02549.html
[3] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-05/msg01977.html