Re: [Xen-devel] Bisected Xen-unstable: "Segment register inaccessible for d1v0" when starting HVM guest on intel

>>> On 03.07.14 at 11:24, <feng.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: Jan Beulich [mailto:JBeulich@xxxxxxxx]
>> > Need more time to think about how to handle case 2. If we need guest's
>> > hint,
>> > can we get it from 'VCPUOP_register_vcpu_time_memory_area' hypercall ?
>>
>> Obviously not, as there's no room in the hypercall argument to pass
>> that information.
>
> Do you have any ideas about how to get this kind of information from guests?

New hypercall (or hypercall variant), feature flag (albeit that's
probably not going to work since we're talking about HVM guests
here), ... We'll have to skip the check by default anyway for
backward compatibility reasons.

Jan