Re: [Xen-devel] mini-os: x86_64: crash passing double arguments

>>> On 02.07.14 at 12:17, <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Subtracting 8 bytes from thread->sp when creating a new thread fixes
> it (patch attached), but I'm not sure whether this is the right
> solution, or whether there's a problem elsewhere (I know very little
> about x86).

Considering that this really is kernel code, passing
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 to gcc would seem like the better
option to me, or else someone might run into a similar issue again
trying to use %ymm or %zmm registers in their MiniOS incarnation.

Jan