Re: [Xen-devel] pvops upstream status

Il 17/06/2014 11:52, Juergen Gross ha scritto:
Hi,

I'd like to update the wiki page

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps

regarding the current status of the pvops kernel. I've just started to
collect the missing bits and who is working on them. Up to now I have a
SUSE internal list, some data from Konrad, and, of course, the EFI
patches sent by Daniel last week:

- EFI support (patches posted by Daniel Kiper on 13.06.2014)
- use of PAT (i.e. WC memory type) not possible
- microcode loader (runtime)
- 500Gb+ support
- expected to be dead (under Xen) code cannot be easily verified to
  indeed be dead (e.g. IOMMU, PCI ATS, PRI, and PASID), leaving the
  risk of bad interaction between hypervisor and Dom0 if a new, active
  user of that code appears and goes unnoticed
- user mode pvclock
- possibly not suitable for pre-4.0.1 hypervisor (definitely not as
  Dom0)
- blktap (blktap3 replacement stalled)

I think blktap is no more needed, qdisk of qemu upstream (already used by xen) has much superior performance.
One my first benchmark of long time ago in attachment.

- pvSCSI
- pvUSB
- oprofile (perf implementation having got started by Boris)
- some SUSE internal enhancement patches

Done:
- memory hotplug (available 3.9)
- ACPI Sx handling (3.11)
- not using ticket locks (3.12)
- NMI injection/delivery (3.12)
- kexec (implementation not requiring a kernel layer in place)
- MSI-X possibly broken (fixed in 3.14)
- multi-vector MSI (3.15)

I'll add above stuff to the wiki. Any further information is appreciated
especially regarding who is currently working on any of the above or not
mentioned topics. Missing topics not mentioned here with nobody working
on them are welcomed, too.

Juergen