Re: [Xen-devel] Best way to get IP addresses from VMs without logging in to them?

Ian,

The tcpdump route is probably in line with the process in the Wiki.
Still seems like a really awkward solution to me.

Andrew,

Using ARP or the DHCP logs on a machine which runs the DHCP server is
definitely simpler, but it doesn't apply in my case unfortunately.
I've used solutions like the daemon you describe in the past, but I
was hoping not to have to go that way.

There isn't any way to execute a command over the Xen console
interface is there?  Or query some table from the bridge without
sniffing packets?  I was hoping there would be some way to query for
the value, instead of sniffing for one, especially when the virtual
network wire has to know what IPs are assigned where.

Thanks,

Russ