Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 27016: regressions - FAIL

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 10:02 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > flight 27016 xen-unstable real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/27016/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64 10 guest-saverestore      fail REGR. vs.
> > 26871
>
> From the looks of it this failure is persistent (seen in all three flights
> over the weekend), pointing at qemu and USB. Not sure who to
> ask to look into this, not the least because none of the rather
> many pending changes appear to be an immediate candidate.
> Perhaps we ought to wait for the bisector to get going on it...

The bisector is close to fingering the big upstream qemu merge. Stefano
and Anthony are investigating and Ian J was looking into perhaps doing
an adhoc bisect of the upstream branch, but last I heard picking a
baseline was looking problematic.

This breakage made it through the qemu-upstream push gate because that
flight erroneously excluded the freebsd job. Ian has addressed this with
"make-flight: Do not filter the qemu-upstream-* jobs" but that doesn't
help us now (but will help next time).