Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 PVH: Over-allocation for domain 0: 393217 > 393216

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 12:28:27 -0700
Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:11:17 +0200
> Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried booting with "dom0pvh" and found the following warnings
> > (complete combined xl-dmesg/dmesg attached) which don't show up when
> > booting without dom0pvh:
>
> Yeah, I see. I'm able to reproduce. Something about
> dom0_mem=1536M,max:1536M ie, specifying max in there. Without it,
> dom0_mem=1536M, its fine. You can do that to play around more while I
> take a look.

Ok, I know whats going on. Basically, we are trying to populate the
pfns removed due to punched holes in the e820, but because max is
specified (same as initial ram), guest_physmap_add_page can't add.

This will be fixed by the e820 work that Roger and David Vrabel are
doing. Please keep an eye on the thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/332603

thanks
Mukesh