[Xen-devel] Upstreaming the Mini-OS/ARM patches

On 22 April 2014 15:29, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22 April 2014 15:21, karim.allah.ahmed@xxxxxxxxx
> <karim.allah.ahmed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
[...]
>> BTW, mini-os almost works ( check the TODO ) in this branch ( aside
>> from the fact that caching is disabled at the moment at mini-os and
>> hypervisor level .. because I had problem with hypercalls since I
>> didn't respect the EABI assumptions about caching ).
>
> Hi Karim,
>
> My work is based on your repository, but it didn't work for me in its
> original state. Mine is here:
>
> https://github.com/talex5/xen
>
> Some things I've added:
>
> - Hypervisor calls were failing due to lack of the cache writeback attribute
> - The regular console now works, not just the emergency console
> - There's a fault handler which dumps the registers on a fault
> - RAM settings are read from the FDT, getting the correct heap size
> - The page allocator no longer corrupts memory
> - Caching is enabled
>
>> [0] https://github.com/KarimAllah/xen/tree/minios-arm-port

Hi Karim, Jonathan,

I'd like to get the ARM patches upstreamed into Xen. My patches are
built on yours; are you happy for me to submit them too?

The full set of my patches ready for merging can be found here:

  https://github.com/talex5/xen/commits/next

I see that some of these have already been merged into the
https://github.com/KarimAllah/xen repository, which is great - thanks!

I also have some patches (on the devel branch) to allow building and
installing a libminios.a (plus linker script and pkg-config file) so
that other projects can use it as a library. However, these need some
cleaning up first.

If you're OK with this, I'll send the patch series to the xen-devel list.

Thanks,

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA