Re: [Xen-devel] libcacard is been installed to /usr/lib while libdir=/usr/lib64

On 20/05/14 14:02, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, Ian Campbell wrote:
>
>>> For qemu: we didn't pass the --libdir when we configure it, so it uses the
>>> default one: $PREFIX/lib
>> Thanks. I think your patch is probably the correct one then. Please can
>> you submit with a proper changelog.
> Likely not.
> Since the included qemu is a private part of xen itself, it should
> install stuff into $prefix/lib/xen/ instead of overwriting system files.
> This most likely means qemu has to be build with rpath to really use its
> own libs, if there are any.
>
> Olaf

I agree.  Having the Xen build system build itself non-xen components
makes integrating the results into a real system very difficult without
collisions.

In this case, any qemu built by the Xen build system is private to Xen,
and should not install as if it were the system qemu.

The same goes for other 3rd party components.

~Andrew