Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 USB failing with "ehci-pci: probe of 0000:00:1d.0 faile

On Fri, 2014-05-16 at 10:05 -0700, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> Here's some more info:
>
> I went into the BIOS, Advanced Tab-->USB Configuration
> and set the following:
>
> USB Controller                          [Enabled]
> Legacy USB Support                      [Disabled]
> Port 60/64 Emulation                    [Disabled]
>
> Make USB Devices Non-Bootable   [Disasbled]
>
> Device Reset timeout                    [20 sec]
>

> I then rebooted into xen4.3 kernel 3.13.
> The keyboard does NOT work at the grub menu.
> But 5 seconds pass and the system boots.
> Once at the login console, then keyboard works!

Interesting. Not having grub is hardly ideal though...

What were the previous settings (the ones which worked for grub but not
Xen)? Do these new settings work with native Linux?

Given the change in behaviour my gut feeling is that either the Legacy
USB Support option or the 60/64 emulation ones are the one which matters
out of that set.