Re: [Xen-devel] which branch should I tracking, stable or staging?

On 28/04/2014 22:37, Dennis Lan (dlan) wrote:
> HI ALL:
>   I'm usually tracking *stable* branch (eg. remotes/origin/stable-4.3)
> for security bugs and critical fixes. but I noticed that a few
> patches/fixes for branch-4.4 are not going into stable
> branch(remotes/origin/stable-4.4), including XSA-93,94(most of them
> for arm ARCH).
>   So my question: any reason why those commits doesn't merge into
> stable branch? or should I tracking staging branch instead? because
> those commits in staging branch will eventually goes into stable
> branch, or will any of these commits may get reverted by chance?
>
> Lan

If you notice, XSAs 93 and 94 are in staging-4.4 pending successful pass
of the OSS test to be merged.  OSS test is currently undergoing some
difficulties which is why they have not yet been merged.

As far as stable branches go, bugfixes do gradually happen as and when
the maintainers choose, although there is usually a collection period or
two before dot-releases where suggestions are requested.

~Andrew