Re: [Xen-devel] is it ok to disable qemu-xen gtk feature by default?

On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 23:01 +0800, Dennis Lan (dlan) wrote:
> HI ALL:
>   I've recently bugged by file collisions in Gentoo [1], I spent  few
> time to do the investigation.
>   Those files only installed while qemu's gtk feature[2] is enabled.
> so my question here is: can we disable gtk feature here[3] in xen? or
> ask in another ways, is the qemu gtk feature useful for xen? if I
> understand correctly, qemu is doing only for io emulation in xen..

"i/o emulation" includes emulating a VGA graphics device. I presume the
gtk gtk feature relates to providing the output of that emulation to the
user, similar to the use of VNC and SDL.

Whether or not you can disable it depends on how you feel about this
feature.