Re: [Xen-devel] Proposal: deprecate "vncviewer" option in xl domain config file

Wei Liu writes ("Proposal: deprecate "vncviewer" option in xl domain config
file"):
> When I'm working on (de-)serialization of domain configurations I found
> "vncviewer". I now propose to deprecate it.
> I propose to deprecate this option.
>
> What I will do is:
> 1. config file still supports this option but it will prints out a
>    warning about its deprecation.
> 2. this option is not saved as domain state when doing save / restore,
>    so when you restore a domain xl will not auto-spawn vncviewer.

This comes out of a conversation between Wei and me.  For the record,
I think this is the right approach.

The existing behaviour, where "xl restore" might start a vncviewer if
the previously saved domain config had specified vncviewer=1, is IMO
insane (and I doubt intentional on anyone's part).

Thanks,