Re: [Xen-devel] Debian Wheezy installer crashes guest when EPT is enabled

>>> On 22.04.14 at 15:04, <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:18:24PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> If that's not it, or if you're not certain, would you mind giving the
>> attached debugging patch a try?
>
> Here's the output.
>
> (d1)   NULL
> (d1) Booting from DVD/CD...
> (d1) Booting from 0000:7c00
> (XEN) stdvga.c:151:d1v0 leaving stdvga
> (XEN) d1: p2m=40 (29be/29c0)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=80 (297e/2980)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=100 (28fe/2900)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=200 (27fe/2800)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=400 (25fe/2600)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=800 (21fe/2200)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=1000 (19fe/1a00)
> (XEN) d1: p2m=2000 (9fe/a00)
> (XEN) hap.c:278: d1 failed to allocate from HAP pool (free=0 tot=2 p2m=29fe)

Hmm, so it's really eating up all the memory. Looks very much like a
leak, just that so far I haven't been able to spot it. I'm downloading
the 7.4 image right now in the hope that it exposes the issue as
much as the 7.2 one does for you. If that doesn't work out, I'll have
to ask for your help again with a further extended debugging patch.

Jan