Re: [Xen-devel] usage of fixed path in hotplug scripts

On Tue, Apr 22, Ian Campbell wrote:

> I think it would be fine to fix this up, so long as the defaults don't
> change (iirc autoconf has weird ideas about /var aka $localstatedir, see
> 9f7b256146dc "tools: revert to using /var and /etc/")

There can be only one xen.rpm (from make rpmball) active at a time. So I
think its perfectly fine to have a fixed /var dir, without $PREFIX.
For /etc is more complex because some parts are system configuration
(udev), other parts are internal to xen (scripts), and runlevel scripts
can be started manually if needed. Adding $PREFIX to /etc feels wrong.

In any case, I will preserve existing defaults.

Olaf