Re: [Xen-devel] Problems running Xen 4.4 on OMAP5432 evm

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 02:39 +0000, Kapania, Ashish wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> I was able to make progress with Xen 4.4 release itself. The xen image was
> being
> placed at VA 0x200000 (which is not a valid address on OMAP5) so I had updated
> xen.lds to change this.

If you are going to randomly hack at the code and then report bugs then
you *must* tell us exactly what you have changed. We are not mind
readers.

>  It seems that was the wrong thing to do

Yes

> and was causing
> the problem (Does xen perform a VA to PA mapping for xen address space ?).

Yes, it uses paging in the normal way.

>  After
> undoing my changes, I was able to get further.
>
> My latest xen log is shared below. Xen gets to the point where it says loading
> Kernel but it does not look like dom0 linux is booting up as I donât see any
> logs printed on uart. I have set "console=hvc0" in the dom0
> Bootargs. I am running linux 3.8.13 and am able to boot it by itself so the
> Linux image is working.
>
> I am hoping to get some suggestions from you on how to debug this further.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/196351 might
shed some light.

My usual next step would be to press Ctrl-A three times and then press
'q' to see if I can identify the PC where dom0 has crashed or is stuck.

After that I would try adding some calls to xen_raw_printk in the kernel
to see if I could identify how far the kernel was getting.

Perhaps someone who has worked with the omap platform can give more
specific advise.