Re: [Xen-devel] kexec and kdump on Xen??

On 04/17/14 21:45, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
Andrew Cooper wrote on 2014-04-17:
On 17/04/14 02:19, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
As for real examples,  XenServer unconditionally sets up a native
crash kernel and does use it in the case of a Xen/dom0 crash.  It does
work reliably and repeatedly[1] and is routinely tested.
I think XenServer uses the old approach to do the kexec. What I am trying is
the new kexec/kdump feature which enabled in Xen4.4.
One question, I remember kexec support is missing in 2.6.32-pvops kernel. If
XenServer works well, do you know where can I find the patch to enable it for
2.6.32 kernel?

Verizon is using the new 4.4 way to do kdump.  So far all Xen/dom0
crashes have produced dumps.  This is using an unchanged kernel
3.8.11-100.fc17.x86_64.

    -Don Slutz

~Andrew

[1] We are aware of one hardware specific bug whereby the crash kernel
fails to set up a timer interrupt.  Investigating it is on my todo list.

Best regards,
Yang