Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to access register with invalid access size alignment

>>> On 02.04.14 at 21:28, <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have seen the subject-line error message in a few posts but I haven't yet
> seen a resolution for it yet.  Has anyone resolved this problem?
>
> The full error line from the log file is;
> [00:05.0] xen_pt_pci_config_access_check: Error: Failed to access register
> with invalid access size alignment. (addr: 0x0e, len: 4)
>
> Address 0x0e in PCIe config space is 2 byte aligned and can't be accessed as
> a 4 byte read.

And hence one would think that it should be addressed in the guest
OS rather than Xen or qemu. But of course it depends to some degree
on whether real hardware permits the mis-aligned accesses - we may
need to relax the restrictions if so.

Did you manage to find out where the bad request originates, and
how it behaves when run on bare hardware?

Jan