Re: [Xen-devel] Tool to migrate xm/xend managed domains into xl.cfg files

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 01:49:48PM +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Does anybody have such a tool which could be shared? I know with a recent
> patch
> in libvirt (1.2.3~rc1) it is possible to create libvirt xml files from the
> config.sxp ones.
> Just was wondering whether there might be a need of having something similar
> for
> those that used to use xm/xend managed domains without anything else than the
> xen-utils.

With libvirt you can do at least:

virsh dumpxml vm_name > /tmp/a.xml
virsh domxml-to-native xen-xm /tmp/a.xml > vmname.cfg

Which gives you xm/xend text config files.. which should be mostly compatible
with xl cfgfiles.

> -Stefan

-- Pasi