[Xen-devel] When would Xen reset page access rights for a non-migrating guest?

Hello,

I have an application that uses libxc (specifically
xc_hvm_set_mem_access()) to protect a bunch of interesting pages - I'm
interested in being notified when writes to these pages happen (via
the mem_event mechanism).

However, it seems that once in a great while, after setting access
rights, something happens that allows unnotified writes to these
pages. Working under the assumption that it might have something to do
the the live-migration mechanism, I've set "nomigrate = 1" in the
guest's configuration file. When that did not work, I even called
xc_domain_disable_migrate() from my application, again to no avail.

I also though it might have something to do with balooning, but the
only memory-related keyword in my guest's configuration file is
"memory = 2048" (no maximum memory specified that would hint towards
).

It probably has something to do with the code in tmem.c
(save/restore). What could cause this?

Any thoughts appreciated. This is Xen 4.3.

Thanks,
Razvan