Re: [Xen-devel] Opening Xen 4.4.1-pre for backports

On 18/03/14 13:04, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

>>> I'd like to see at least the following backported to Xen 4.4.1:
>>>
>>> - pygrub fixes (rhel7 beta support)
>>> - qemu-upstream hvm vcpu hotplug patches (actually these seem to be already
>>> in
>>> qemu-upstream-4.4)
>>> - RTC fixes (win2k3 crash fix)
>> I guess you mean 4c15a82f, c7e35c6e, and 6d27a537 here. I'm not
>> sure I want to copy them over that quickly.
>>
> Yep. I recall these were discussed during the 4.4-rc cycle and the thought
> was
> the RTC fixes would first go to master, and then after 4.4.0 release get
> backported to 4.4.1.
> Whatever timing is good..

For what it is worth, these patches have been running in XenServer from
around the time they were presented on the list, and we have had no
problems at all with them.  (In fairness, they had specifically fixed
the identified regressions as part of being posted.)

~Andrew