Re: [Xen-devel] Dealing with non-existent BDF devices in VT-d and in the hardware.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 09:17:59AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > To use this hack, apply the
> > 0001-xen-pci-Introduce-a-way-to-deal-with-buggy-hardware-.patch
> > to your hypervisor, compile and install.
>
> I'm still rather hesitant to consider such a pretty involved
> workaround for general inclusion. Did you investigate whether
> leveraging the grouping functionality (iommu_get_device_group())
> might be possible instead? We're talking about a legacy PCI bridge
> after all, and if done that way also covering the AMD IOMMU case
> might be more straightforward (after all that case is missing from
> your already large patch).

<nods>

I think other people have experienced other non-bridge issues.
I have CC-ed Gordan on this as he had a LSI card that was misbehaving.

I am curious to see what his lspci and lspci -vt looks for his culprit.

> While looking over this, I found that this only has a use in xend -
> another xl deficiency? And only for checking purposes, rather

Gosh.