Re: [Xen-devel] memory performance 20% degradation in DomU -- Sisu

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 15:21 -0500, Sisu Xi wrote:
> by the way, since the same DomU image can get better results on
> another hardware machine, we first assume there are some interference
> from Dom-0.

Are you able to share the source of the test program, so that we can try
to reproduce what you're seeing?

> However, when I run the same program in Dom-0, the results looks very
> good, almost the same as native case, just a few out liars. Which
> means the interference form Dom-0 is not causing trouble for dom-0,
> but can interfere with cache program in Dom-U? Is this assumption
> valid?

I'm shooting a bit in the dark, but:
 - what is Dom0 doing while the DomU is running the workload?
 - to what pCPUs are you pinning Dom0's and DomU's vCPUs? Do they
   share any level of the cache hierarchy?

Dario