Re: [Xen-devel] pvhvm cpu hotplug not working in xen 4.4

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 11:02:04AM +0100, Kristoffer Egefelt wrote:
> I would like this feature to be available, how complicated do you think it is
> to patch it ?
> We don?t have extensive understanding of qemu, but if patching this are
> unlikely to break other functionality, we would try and fix it now.
>
> What do you think? - I guess the only alternative would be to downgrade qemu
> from the one shipped with 4.4, which I?d like to avoid...

Xen 4.4.0 has now been released (without the pvhvm vcpu hotplug support in
upstream qemu).

.. but the pvhvm vcpu hotplug patches are already in qemu-upstream-4.4-testing
tree:
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=qemu-upstream-4.4-testing.git;a=summary

So you can grab the patches from there and apply to your 4.4.0 version,
or just use the latest qemu-upstream-4.4-testing.git tree directly.

Those patches will be part of upcoming Xen 4.4.1 release.

Another option probably is to use qemu-traditional with Xen 4.4.0 .. ?

-- Pasi